This plugin help you to identify all image not used in your wordpress post and page, and give you the option to delete them, this will delete the image from the server and update the database so that the image is no longer shown when making a post, because the problem of wordpress is, if you upload one image, wordpress can make 4 image from the same file, so this plugin help you to identify all them and delete the image what you want.
- Upload the zip file from the plugin interface of wordpress
- Or upload the the folder from the unzipped dnui.zip to the folder of wp-contentplugins
This plugin make a scan of your data base and find all the files you never used in a post, this only will show you 25 files for each time, but are going to see 25 files parents(the original image) and maybe for every parent 4 sons(the image made aaaxbbb)
The search code uses the rule that the post should be referred to the desired image, so if nicearma.jpg image is not on any post this picture is taken as not used, so the plugin will allow you to delete the image, otherwise it will not let youdelete the image, since the box will be disabled.
Note: If your wordpress site does not use this rule you might see pictures with the option to erase, therefore follows the recommendation 2
Note:For the moment you only can choose the sons if this image was not used in older post (i’m working on the option of delete the fathers to)
After selecting the image and sent to the Delete button will appear a message thatwill tell if the image could be deleted or not
And if you check the field should not exist anymore, so the image on the server (you may see another time, but give refresh to your browser because it can be problems with cache)
- Make a save (Backup) of your database and your file (especially the uploadsfolder), because the code have to update the database and deletion of files that are irreversible,so if something goes wrong is better have a backup.
- Performs tests on any page other than your own default, but having the same characteristics, since I have not tested for compatibility with other plugin, so you can see if will work fine
- Download this plugin only wordpress.org.
This plugin repeatedly uses the session variable, so problems can occur with another plugin, if you see this message, it is likely that the plugin does not work properly
And if you try to delete a file and get this message, definitely this plugin does not work
The problem is, that something is deleting data stored in the session, so I mustchange several lines of code so that functions well.